International students are permitted to work on-campus during their academic program without prior work authorization. In addition to on-campus employment, there are four types of off-campus employment for which international students in F-1 students are eligible.The links in the table below describes the different types of employment and provides information regarding the application procedures.

As a reminder, you MAY NOT begin any type of off-campus employment until you have written authorization to do so. This includes any orientations, training, etc. in which you may be required to engage.

Each of the "types of employment" is a link. Please click on the name of the employment to obtain the information necessary to submit an application.

Click here for information on questions perspective employers may and may not ask potential employees.


F-1 Employment Types - Summary of Employment Options

Intensive English Language Program (IELP) Students
On-Campus Employment
Optional Practical Training (OPT)
Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
Employment Under Sponsorship Of Certain International Organizations
Employment Based on Unforseen Economic Hardship