There are many topics within American Life and Customs in the United States. Below are a few links and resources to get started.
Culture of the United States
- Visiting Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Visitors' Guide
- Welcome to Philadelphia, City of Brotherly Love!
- BridgeUSA Blog
- United States Travel Guide
- US National Parks Service
Social Etiquette and Norms in the United States
Social norms are shared expectations about what kinds of behaviors are acceptable or not. Social norms are not actual rules because you cannot get in legal trouble for breaking them. However, breaking social norms can make people uncomfortable or it can hurt the social lives of those who do it.
- Examples of Social Norm Violations (Social Experience Blog)
- Parent-Teacher Relationship for children in school (Oprah)
American History, Arts, and Culture
- USA.gov website
- Welcome to the United States: A guide for new immigrants to the United States in multiple languages. Some services and information are not available for non-immigrant visa types.
- Skills in Workplace Etiquette (Columbia University Center for Career Education)
- Business Etiquette in the US
- US Business Etiquette, Culture and Manners (Cyborlink)
Disclaimer: This page contains information and links outside of TU. TU makes no warranty, guarantee or representation to the accuracy of the information posted here nor the accuracy or compliance with applicable laws of sites external to the TU website. TU does not in any way endorse services or products promoted by sponsoring organizations or websites listed here. We encourage users to verify the legitimacy of info