J-1 University/College students are nonimmigrants pursuing a full course of study in the U.S. The J-1 exchange visitor program is regulated by the U.S. Department of State. Please read the information regarding maintenance of J-1 status and employment authorization at the links to the left.

Additional information regarding the J-1 Visa Program can be found on the U.S. Department of State's web site at http://exchanges.state.gov/education/jexchanges/

Things You Need to Know About J-1 Status