International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) may take 5-7 days to complete the processing of the Form DS-2019 once ISSS receives a complete application. The department should submit a complete application to ISSS no later than two months prior to the requested J-1 Program Start Date.
Be prepared to upload the following documents to your application once your inviting department has instructed you to do so. Please don't start an application before this.
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Proof of Mandatory Health Insurance
- Proof of Sufficient Funding
- Copy of your passport
- Copies of All US-Issued Immigration Documents
- Current CV/Resume/Biosketch
- Copies of All Diplomas
- Copies of Transcripts of All Diplomas
- English Translations of All Diplomas
- English Translations of All Transcripts
- J-1 Student Interns must also submit a Home University Attestation Form, which can be found in the application.