The information below applies to J-1 Research Scholars/Professors/Student Interns and Nonimmigrant Employees (H-1B, O-1, TN and E-3) who are sponsored by Temple University. If you have a green card application pending, ask your attorney about Advanced Parole. If you are hoping to work while you are abroad, you must discuss this with your Department as there can be Tax, Labor Law and Controlled Tech issues for Temple Employees working while outside the US.