In general, ISSS recommends that non-employee individuals from abroad who will come to Temple to engage in research, lecture, etc. should enter the US as a J-1 Exchange Visitor. Our office has seen too many instances of individuals being turned away at the border when they try to enter with a Tourist Status.

TU Departments must get approval from Payroll Management in Human Resources before allowing an individual holding B-1/2 or WB/WT status to engage in any activity for which the TU Department wishes to reimburse the individual.

Department should complete the form "Bringing International Researchers to Temple University" before recommending Tourist Status to any individual who will engage in any activities at Temple University.

Bringing International Researchers to Temple University