The information on this page has been compiled to assist you in locating additional financial aid resources. If you are a future student, you should make sure you have funding available to you for at least the first year of study in the U.S. Temple University does not have a loan program and there is little financial aid available after a student arrived in the U.S. As an international student on a non-immigrant visa, you are not eligible for U.S. government-funded financial aid such as PELL grants, PHEAA loans or work-study employment. Please visit the US Department of Education for further information.
Temple University Resources
- Graduate Students: https://grad.temple.edu/admissions/costs-financial-aid-more/university-financial-support
- Undergraduate Students: https://admissions.temple.edu/apply/international-students/scholarships
- Undergraduate students can also try to talk to their academic advisors about the possibility to be nominated for one of many available financial aid awards (e.g., Cosby Award).
- Visit the office of student financial service's web site at Financial Aid Types | Student Financial Services (temple.edu)
- International Student and Scholar Services is usually allocated a small amount of funds to be distributed to international students who have been studying at Temple University for at least one academic year and who can demonstrate an unexpected loss of funding due to extenuating circumstances. Details regarding the application deadlines are posted to tu-intl, our electronic listserv. You should make sure you're subscribed so you receive the information.
Resources available from outside Temple University
International Student and Scholar Services has compiled the following information in order to assist you in your search for financial aid. We have provided you with a list of organizations that provide financial aid and the respective field of study for which the aid is provided. If you need more information about the financial aid (application deadlines, etc.) and there is not a website or e-mail address listed, please write to them or call them.
The Organization of American States has a loan program for students from member countries.
The following resources are available to current students:
Adamha National Research Services Awards
AAUW Educational Foundation International Fellowships
For international WOMEN pursuing a degree in the US who will return to home country to purse a Professional career.
American Council Of Learned Societies
East European Language Training
American Institute of Indian Studies Fellowship Competition
Open to all
American Institute Of Maghrib Studies
American Philosophical Society
The Center for Hellenic Studies
Institute of Food Technologist
P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund
The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation
The Geological Society of America, Inc.
THE NATIONAL ACADEMIES
Science, Engineering and Medicine