Current students, who plan to transfer from Temple University to another university in the United States, must use the Transfer Out Request Form to notify International Student and Scholar Services (your "current school") of your intent to transfer, so ISSS can update your SEVIS record with this information.

Your SEVIS record will only be transferred to   another school if you are maintaining your non-immigrant status.  If you have not been registered for a full course of study since beginning your program or have otherwise failed to maintain your status, you are not eligible to transfer your SEVIS record in an "active" status. You will be contacted by an ISSS advisor if there are any questions.

Upon receipt of a complete application ISSS will  review your immigration and academic history and indicate in SEVIS that you are in "transfer out" status so that the university to which you are transferring (your "transfer school") will be given access to your SEVIS record.

Your transfer school will not have access to your SEVIS record until on or after the transfer date indicated in your SEVIS record and cannot generate a DS-2019 for you until that time. Unless you specifically request otherwise, the transfer date will be the last date of the academic term during which you submit this form to ISSS.

ISSS can only update your SEVIS record to "transfer out" to one university in the United States.

Important information:

  • If you decide not to transfer to the university you indicate on the Transfer Out Request Form, you need to inform ISSS of that fact before your program end date.
  • You must obtain your new DS-2019 from the new school within 30 days of the transfer date.
  • Any employment you are authorized for, including on campus employment, CPT or OPT will end on the day your SEVIS record is released.