How to Transfer Immigration Sponsorship to Temple University
Steps for F-1 Visa Holders:
- First you must be officially admitted to Temple University or the Intensive English Language Program
- Apply for an I-20 from Temple University.
- Contact the International Student Advisor at your current school. Ask to have your SEVIS record released to Temple University.
- Temple's SEVIS School Code is PHI214F00504000
- For the Dental, Pharmacy or Medical School, use code PHI214F00504002
- For the Podiatry School, use code PHI214F00504003
- Follow any instructions you are given to request that your SEVIS record be transferred to Temple University.
- If your school requires a "transfer recommendation form" to release your SEVIS record to Temple University. You may download it Here.
- You and the international student advisor should decide on the release date of your SEVIS record. You should consider:
- Whether or not you want to work on their campus during the summer
- Whether or not you are authorized for OPT
- Whether or not you are authorized for CPT
- Whether or not you want to travel during the summer
- Your I-20 will be emailed to you once ISSS has a complete application and the SEVIS release date has passed.
Steps for Individuals in J-1 status
- If you currently hold J-1 Exchange visitor status, you must request that your SEVIS record be transferred before the expiration date of your current form DS-2019. the SEVIS record will turn to an "inactive" status the day after your current form DS-2019 expires.
- Contact your current school to see what steps you must take on their end to have your SEVIS record transferred to Temple University. Temple University's program number is P-1-02592
If you travel, you will have to obtain a new entry visa. Note that under Department of State policy, an exchange visitor who travels after transferring J programs needs a new J visa before returning to the United States under the sponsorship of the new program.
- You must qualify for a form DS-2019 from Temple University within 30 days of the SEVIS Effective Date of Transfer set by your previous school.