Apply for Admission

Prospective students should contact the Temple University Admissions offices to learn more about Temple's academic programs, admissions requirements and the application process.

The Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20 or DS-2019) is the immigration form you will need in order to obtain F-1 or J-1 status if you are one of the following:

  1. Outside the U.S.
  2. Already in the U.S. and transfer your F-1 or J-1 status
  3. Already in the U.S. and change your nonimmigrant status to F-1 or J-1 student status.

Your I-20 will be issued once we receive all requirements and you have confirmed your attendance at Temple University by paying the deposit fee.

Paper applications are also accepted by uploading the documents mentioned above through TUsafesend.

Once your I-20 is issued, you will be notified. If you are still abroad, you will need to pay the SEVIS fee and apply for your student visa.

Note that the US Department of State permits the emailing of I-20s an DS-2019s.