There are many topics within American Life and Customs in the United States. Below are a few links and resources to get started.
Culture of the United States
- Helpful Information
- Life in the US
- American Culture and Social Life (Saint Louis University)
- Culture of the United States (Wikipedia)
- USA101: A guide to America's iconic places, events, and festivals (National Geographic)
- American Culture (Live Science)
Social Etiquette and Norms in the United States
Social norms are shared expectations about what kinds of behaviors are acceptable or not. Social norms are not actual rules because you cannot get in legal trouble for breaking them, however, breaking social norms can make people uncomfortable or it can hurt the social lives of those who do it.
- Etiquette in North America (Wikipedia)
- Examples of Social Norm Violations (Social Experience Blog)
- Body contact and personal space (Wikipedia)
- Classroom Etiquette (National American University)
- Parent-Teacher Relationship for children in school (Oprah)
American History, Arts, and Culture
- USA.gov website
- Welcome to the United States: A guide for new immigrants to the United States in multiple languages. Some services and information are not available for non-immigrant visa types.
- Skills in Workplace Etiquette (Columbia University Center for Career Education)
- US Business Etiquette , Culture and Manners (Cyborlink)
- Common Idioms Used in Daily Communication (Max Schmitt)
Disclaimer: This page contains information and links outside of TU. TU makes no warranty, guarantee or representation to the accuracy of the information posted here nor the accuracy or compliance with applicable laws of sites external to the TU website. TU does not in any way endorse services or products promoted by sponsoring organizations or websites listed here. We encourage users to verify the legitimacy of information and organizations cited here.
This information was taken from Oregon state University's website.