Temple University is  required to obtain documentation that funds exist at least for the student's first year of study and that, barring unforeseen circumstances, adequate funding will be available from the same or equally dependable sources for subsequent years. 

Information  about financial assistance from the university can be obtained at the following sites.

Graduate Students: https://grad.temple.edu/admissions/costs-financial-aid-more/university-financial-support

Undergraduate Students: https://admissions.temple.edu/apply/international-students/scholarships

You should submit your  financial documentation here. You can provide documentation from more than one source if necessary.

Please see tuition and fees for estimated expenses for the upcoming academic year. The tuition and fees expenses are also located in the I-20/DS-2019 application here.

Bank Statements

All bank statements should adhere to the following:

  • be in English (especially names)
  • be a single page document showing the following criteria:
    • financial institution's name
    • account holder's full name
    • account balance with type of currency
    • date of statement
  • be a form of liquid cash (example: stocks and mutual fund accounts are not acceptable forms of financial documentation)

Please also note the following information

  • having bank/financial statements from multiple accounts is acceptable
  • statements cannot be older than 6 months
  • all translations must be official
  • do not send statements with transaction history
  • If the bank statement is not in your name, please complete the Affidavit of Support 

Employment Letters

Students who will be sponsored by an overseas employer must provide proof of such sponsorship. This will be in the form of a company letter indicating the amount of funding that will be provided, duration of funding, and if the funds will be for the employee or his/her child.

An affidavit of support can be submitted on behalf of a student if a U.S. citizen or permanent resident will be providing the student with room and board. The affidavit will cover the living expenses in our estimated expenses. 

Assistantship Letters from Temple University

Individuals who will be receiving a graduate assistantship must submit a copy of the  offical award letter. The letter will be generated by the Gradaute School and not by individual departments.

If you are entirely dependent upon an assistantship to begin your studies at temple University, you may wait until you receive confirmation that it has been awarded before you apply. Government Scholarship Students/Scholars receiving a scholarship from the government in their home country must provide ISSS with a copy of the award letter.

ISSS can only accept the offical award letter issued by the Graduate School. 

Company Sponsorship

Students/scholars who have a company that will be providing them with financial support must provide ISSS with the following:

  1. A statement from the company indicating that they have liquid assets with which to pay the tuition;
  2. A statement from the President or CEO of the company indicating that funds have been set aside for your scholarship; and
  3. A list of specific items covered by the scholarship.