Please read this if you are unable to arrive to the US in time to start your program for the semester.

Your I-20 was issued with a "program start/end date" and a "start of classes date". You should not try to enter the U.S. after the program start date that has passed.

If you are still interested in joinIing this semester, you will need a new I-20 with revised program start date. Please contact the academic department where you will be studying and ask them to send an email stating the last possible date that they will allow you to join classes. We will then send you an updated I-20 with this start date. 

 In cases where the delay will be too long, you may need to defer your admission to the upcoming session or semester. If you wish to defer your admission to a future semester, you must request permission to do so from the department to which you originally applied. International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) cannot defer your application for admission. 

TCALC students: Please contact the Center for American Language and culture at

Undergraduate Students: To be considered for a future semester, please go to this link: Deferred Enrollment - TUportal6 (

All questions regarding the renewal process must be directed to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Once you are admitted for a future semester and it's been updated in our database, we may also request updated financial documentation, however, you will receive an email, if we need any documents to process your I-20.

Graduate Students/Professional School Students:  Please contact your respective admitting department. Each graduate department has its own policy regarding deferring admission. For contact information for each Temple University department, you may go to: Admissions Contacts | Temple University Graduate School