If you plan to study at Temple University under F-1 or J-1 non-immigrant student status, you must...
- Be admitted to a full-time program of study.
- Submit an application for a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20/DS-2019)
- If you have difficulty with the application system, please use the hard copy version.
- If you already hold a non-immigrant status that allows for study, you are not required to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20/DS-2019). If you are admitted to Temple University, you should follow the "next steps" listed in your TUportal.)
Please note that ISSS does not retain original documents once they are scanned into our system. ISSS cannot return original documents to applicants but may provide electronic copies if requested. Submit all documents through our application system.
Please review the following information:
- Comparison of F-1 and J-1 Status
- Financial Documentation
- Financial Aid
- Tuition and Fees
- Applying for your Student Visa
- Change of Status
- Navigating the U.S. Immigration System
- Paying the SEVIS fee
- SEVIS Transfer
- Before you leave home
Questions regarding Health Insurance, Immunizations, and Housing are not addressed above and should be directed to the appropriate Temple University office.