The Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20 or DS-2019) is the form you need to

1. Enter the U.S. in Nonimmigrant Student (F-1 or J-1) status;

2. Transfer your visa sponsorship if you are in the U.S. studying in student status; or

3. Change your status from one nonimmigrant status to Nonimmigrant Student (F-1 or J-1) status (for example, H-4 to F-1; though you may not be required to change your status, please know that any individual in Visitor for Pleasure (B-2) and Nonimmigrant Student Dependent (F-2) status must obtain a change of status before beginning full-time study at a university).

International Student and Scholar and Services will be responsible for issuing the I-20. This will be done when we have a complete application from the prospective student.

A complete application consists of: