#YOUAREWELCOME HERE WEEK
#YouAreWelcomeHere is a welcome message from U.S. higher education to international students around the world. Temple University initiated this campaign, designed to affirm that our institution is diverse, friendly, safe, and committed to student development! We value the diversity international students bring to our campus.
Since 2017, Temple has held a week-long series of globally-inspired events on campus to celebrate its international population through #YAWH. Fall 2020 marked the 4th annual #YouAreWelcomeHere Week!
The week typically consists of the following activities:
- Kick-off Event: There would be an event that kick-starts the week long #YAWH celebration.
- International Coffee Hour: Celebrates culture and heritage by spotlighting a country with various activities designed to teach culture in an authentic way, with opportunities for connection between students, faculty, and staff.
- Faculty Training Event: Offered by the Center for the Advancement of Teaching, each year #YAWH Week offers faculty and staff a way to learn more about how to support international student learning in the classroom.
- Temple Lingo: Introducing basics of world languages and their culture from native and fluent speakers through food, traditions, and personal experience. Temple Lingo is a great opportunity for students to learn while participating in fun activities.
- Global Gala: A student-run event that showcases the amazing range of diversity that Temple has to offer. The Gala features both traditional and modern performances, cultural activities, opportunities to get involved with student organizations, and lots of global cuisine.
For recordings from our virtual 2020 #YouAreWelcomeHere Week, please visit this site.