There are several categories of the J-1 Exchange Visitors program. Temple University has authorization to use five categories.  More information about the student category can be found here.

All Exchange Visitors involved in Research at Temple Univeristy must be appointed through either the Associate Dean of the Graduate School, the Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs , or the College Dean (Faculty only). No  application for a form DS-2019 will be accepted without proper authorization.