All non-U.S. citizens are required to report a change of address to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) within 10 days of the change. This requirement applies to all non-U.S. citizens who intend to stay in the United States for more than 30 days. You will also need to change your address with the US Postal System and in your TUPortal Account.


File an AR-11 online:

While the Form AR-11 is available and downloadable in languages other than English, the form must be completed in English.

Temple Employees in Nonimmigration Status (H-1B, TN, O-1 and E-3) should email ISSS a copy of your completed AR-11 at Be sure to keep a copy for your records.

These instructions do not apply to J-1 Scholars or F-1/J-1 Students.

Filing AR-11 By Mail:

 If you do not wish to file online, complete a paper form and send it to USCIS. Be sure to send it by UPS/Fedex/DHL so that you have proof you filed it. You can find the paper form on USCIS' website at

Send your change of address (Form AR-11) application to the address listed in the AR-11 Instructions.

When do I need to file the form?

You need to file the form if your address has changed since you last entered the U.S. You must file it within 10 days of the change.

 Helpful Hints

  • Regarding the question “I am in the United States As”, the following should check "Other" and specify their status:
    • Students who have graduated and are on Academic Training
    • Research Scholars (J–1)
    • Dependents
    • H–1B, O–1, TN, E–3 employees
  • Your non-immigrant dependents will need to complete a separate AR-11
  • Write your name exactly as it appears on your passport and I-94. If you do not have a middle name, write the word "none" in that space.
  • If you have not applied for a green card, you will most likely not have an "A" number so just leave the "A" number blank.
  • The "Date of Entry into the US" should be the date of your most recent entry into the US.
  • Even if you receive all your mail at a P.O. Box, indicate your RESIDENTIAL address. DHS has made it very clear that your RESIDENCE address is what should be written here, not an office, department, or work address.